Title: Reliability Engineer
Location: Canoga Park, CA
Duration: 10+ months
1. Assist reliability and system safety engineers with ensuring technical excellence of group's products. This includes adequacy of the tools, techniques, and processes.
2. Develop reliability and safety models for various systems and communicate results to company engineers and managers.
3. Complete failure modes, effects, and criticality analysis and hazard analysis.
4. Evaluate engineering designs and operational plans to identify potential hazards and evaluate the adequacy of planned controls and verifications.
5. Provide design input to improve product reliability when necessary - Interacting with a wide variety of individuals and teams to communicate results
6. Design reliability test plans to qualify new product and processes, evaluate testing failures and ensure consistent adherence to high quality standards by application of reliability techniques.
7. Perform Probabilistic Risk Assessments.
8. Build a strong working relationship with the other employees to ensure that the group's capabilities are fully utilized and that the group's results are meeting customer needs.
9. Embrace a continuous improvement mindset.
10. Demonstrate a 100% commitment to quality in actions, decisions, and conversations.
Ability to perform FMEA is required
Ability to perform statistical analysis is preferred
Product reliability testing and modeling capability is preferred
Proven competency in root cause analysis preferred
Familiarization with spacecraft and/or launch vehicle systems is preferred
Passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight is preferred
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
Strong work ethic and drive to succeed are required
Understanding and experience with electrical hardware is required.
Experience with mechanical hardware is also required.
Ability to obtain a security clearance is required.
BS Engineering plus a minimum of 5 years of experience in the space industry related to the job description listed above.
Equivalent qualifications, such as 10+ years of directly applicable work experience will be considered.
Canoga Park, CA
18831 VON KARMAN STE 310
IRVINE, CA 92612