Description: PDS is seekinga Product Manufacturing Engineer for an open position in Clearwater, FL
Job Responsibilities include: - • Completes assignments within defined technical, cost, and schedule constraints to ensure project milestones are met. Creates and reviews work instructions and related manufacturing documentation to ensure that they are fully compliant to all appropriate quality control specifications and that they achieve maximum effectiveness within cost and schedule constraints.
• Identifies, evaluates, recommends and implements continual process improvement in own position and across the Program. Solves problems through the use of new techniques by evaluating and recommending technical and/or operational solutions based on standard or accepted practices.
• Creates final reports/presentations and also contributes on team presentations/demonstrations to customers and/or management. Interacts with team members and peers to anticipate and resolve day-to-day issues. Understands processes and products in multiple areas. Application of 6-Sigma and/or LEAN manufacturing techniques to solve process problems and increase productivity of assigned area.
• Promote continuous improvements through coaching, facilitating and training in the use of HOS and six sigma tools. • Candidate must be a US Citizen due to DOD Security- which is not required
• B.S. in engineering or science discipline required
• Understanding of Electro Mechanical assembly knowledge a Plus.- product is Electro Mechanical- a mechanical accelerometer
• Previous Quality experience in the manufacturing of aerospace electronics preferred.
• Ability to organize, prioritize and multitask
• Motivated individual with a bias for action
• Proficient at Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Familiar with cost estimating techniques and budgeting
• Ability to apply engineering principles to the analysis and solution of technical issues related to the manufacture of computing, guidance and navigation equipment.