Description: PDS Tech is seeking a candidate for a FAA Machinist 1 position located in Phoenix, AZ. • Some machinist experience preferred. • Wash part, assembles, machines, repairs, and fabricates metal parts by operating mechanical equipment. • Assembles parts into sub-units or complete units. • Uses blueprints and design sketches to ensure the proper dimensions and tolerance levels of the finished product. • Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. • May be required to meet certain certifications in field and to have at least 0-2 years of experience. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. • Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. • Works under immediate supervision. • Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. • Typically reports to a supervisor/manage Special Considerations: • Lifting is generally in the 10 to 15 Lbs. range with minimal repetitions. • Exposure to machinery, chemical, biological, and physical risks is minimal.
• This is a swing shift position • Must bring/wear steel-toed safety shoes; client will provide any additional PPE required.
• ALL OT MUST BE PREAPPROVED BY SUPERVISOR BEFORE ANY OT HOURS ARE ACCRUED BY EMPLOYEE
• Opportunity for contract-to-hire based on worker performance, worker attendance and dependability and client’s business needs.
• Ensure candidate experience relates to that provided in job description and experience is clearly identifiable on resume for client review
• CANDIDATES MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN ONLY
• Start date will be moved up as needed in order for selected candidate to start ASAP once on-boarding is completed/clear and final FAA clearance is obtained. Be sure your candidates are available to start right away once on-boarding is complete.
• The minimum level of education required for ISC assignments is High School diploma/GED. Suppliers should obtain a copy of the candidates highest level of education (HSD/GED or degree) to avoid delays in onboarding