Engineering Lab Technician
|(1) Must understand the purpose and principle of operation of the hardware under evaluation, including the function of various components, their critical features and their relationships to each other.|
(2) Must have substantial experience in a variety of specialized assembly, measurement and test techniques to independently establish the most suitable procedures.
(3) Records and maintains unit folder data.
(4) The position regularly assists Engineers in diagnosing performance problems.
(5) Assists Engineers in the preparation of formal documentation.
(6) Travel to outside suppliers may be required.
(7) Must have capability and experience in the proper use of hand tools common to the mechanical and electronic trades.
(8) Basic knowledge of electronic and hydraulic instrumentation.
|-2 yr. Associates Engineering Degree or equivalent engineering training along with a minimum of 5 years related work experience|
-This position requires a level of a high mechanical aptitude and a level of technical ability sufficient to understand the design and operating principles of hydraulic, pneumatic, electronic & electromechanical products. Experience in Environmental testing including Temperature, Humidity, Vibration, Salt Fog, Sand & Dust, Altitude is desired.