Reporting to the Design Lead, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting detail design and drawing release in support of initial production. Model Based Definition (MBD) drawings shall be compatible with UTAS Landing Systems design methodologies, customer and industry/regulatory requirements and standard practices. The successful candidate will perform and/or oversee aspects of engineering standard work throughout Preliminary Design, Detail Design, and Verification/Validation. The Design Engineer Checker performs various tasks in checking designs for Engineering at UTAS, including: examining production engineering drawings and related documents for soundness, efficiency, and simplicity in design; completeness, clarity, and dimensional accuracy; correctness of materials and processes; conformity to design/drafting standards, design specifications, and producibility; and economy of fabrication, assembly, and installation.
• Coordination with functional leads to ensure product definition meets customer interface, functional, structural and performance requirements.
• Coordination with functional leads to ensure product definition meets customer interface, functional, structural and performance requirements
• Must be fluent with detailed part and assembly definition (FTA) using Catia V5
• Ensure accuracy and adherence to Product Definition Standard Work in the communication of Design Intent through duties which includes:
o Understand, apply and interpret Geometric Form Control to ASME Y14.5 & ASME 14.41 standards
o Create / review parametric 3D models and other definition files to Design intent and Product Definition standard work using the Catia V5 software
• Types of hardware include products such as.
o Hydraulic actuators
o Oleo-Pneumatic shock struts (single and dual stage)
o Landing gear assemblies
o System routings (electrical and hydraulic)
• The engineering checker will check detail design, developmental and production mechanical documentation such as detail drawings, assembly drawings, engineering change incorporations as part of Technical Data Packages in accordance with contractual specifications and UTAS policies
• Product definition includes:
o Associated parts list
o Detailed part and assembly definition
o Tolerance stack-up evaluation
• Experience with SMARTEAM PDM & MATRIX ONE for the approval and release of part definition and engineering changes (configuration management)
• Support drawing release schedule.
402 N B ST
FAIRFIELD, IA 52556