**Must have aerospace experience and be strong in conceptual design, be familiar and comfortable working with oleo pneumatic, cantilever shock design, trailing arm, shock struts.
Note: minimum of 10 years of experience in Landing Gear design
Reporting to the Project Head, as the lead Design Engineer, you will be responsible for coordinating with the customer and developing complete Landing Gear layouts in response to customer requirements and UTAS-LS design methodologies. This will involve conducting and documenting trade studies, developing complete Landing Gear design layouts, and provide input/guidance to the customer for landing system procurement specification development and maturation during the joint development phase of the program. You will also be responsible for preparing and delivering presentations to the customer as required.
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering required or a minimum of 10 years of experience in Landing Gear design and development
• Minimum of 10 years of experience within the Aerospace industry; must include extensive experience in New Product Development of transport and / or military type aircraft components and assemblies
• Demonstrated ability to work with PDM (Smarteam, MatrixOne, Team Center) system
• Demonstrated ability to utilize Catia V5 with strong emphasis on solid modeling and kinematics
• Strong interpersonal & communication skills with demonstrated ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external customers
• Demonstrated ability to work directly with customers and suppliers
• Understanding of performance based specification requirements, requirements management and verification.
• In-depth knowledge of MS programs (Word, Excel, Project, Power Point)
402 N B ST
FAIRFIELD, IA 52556