THIS JOB IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. THIS IS ARCHIVAL INFORMATION. DESIGNER / DRAFTER / Solidworks test onsite / local only / Aerospace structures ASME CA
TITLE: DESIGNER / DRAFTER
NORTHROP GRUMMAN/ASTRO AEROSPACE
Seeking designers and drafters for contract openings at Astro Aerospace.
We have requirements for 2 to 4 new designers immediately and up to 7 within a few weeks. Currently we are interviewing two people but will have positions for two more. The focus of these designers should have more Drawing and Engineering Change Order experience than Design Engineering Experience.
Astro Aerospace, a Strategic Business Unit of Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems, is currently in search of a Designer 4 to support our deployable space structure programs in Carpinteria, CA.
S(he) will design major components or major portions of a functional system to develop or improve products and facilitate manufacturing operations. They will also develop basic data and make preliminary layouts, sketches, and notes necessary to present a design proposal. All will be done in conjunction with other organizations affected by design development.
- Investigate pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, replaceability, strength-weight efficiency, and contractual specification requirements and cost.
- Create layouts of complex assemblies and detail parts of devices, mechanisms, and structures.
- Check completed layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning.
- Identify design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies.
- Recommend revisions and/or improvements in design layout to the responsible engineers or designers.
- An Associate's or other two year technical degree in a related discipline, with six (6) years of related experience in mechanical or electro/drafting with aerospace structures and mechanisms.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience using Solidworks and PDMWorks is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing practices and comprehensive working knowledge of ASME 14.5, ASME Y14.100.
6-12 month contract
1275 N MANASSERO ST
ANAHEIM, CA 92807