Legacy Engineering, a division of PDS Tech, is seeking a Control System Engineer - Fire Protection System for the Regional Jet Program.
The primary work location will be in Nagoya, Japan. However, Engineers may be requested to relocate to Seattle or Moses Lake (Washington State, USA) where aircraft flight testing is performed.
The Control System Engineer will work as an Electrical Design Specialist for ATA 26-10 (Fire & Smoke Detection) and ATA 26-20 (Fire extinguishing). This includes all FPS system design aspects and interfaces within the FPS team and all other engineering teams; as well as interfacing with the FPS component suppliers in order to achieve the correctness and completeness necessary for FPS certification in the regional jet program.
- Basic work scope is to provide technical assistance to the development and certification of the regional jet program, focusing primarily on FPS performance assessment and optimization.
- This activity includes:
- Prepare and review wiring diagram, electrical interface documents, Perform tests and troubleshooting in the RIG / Aircraft
- Support electrical qualification discussions for FPS components.
- Have the necessary technical background and competence in the system design as defined in this SOW scope.
- As required, conduct interface meetings with the FPS component suppliers.
- Prepare FPS design requirement documents, test specifications of type certification tests, test plans and test procedures,
- Coordinate with internal members, suppliers and authorities towards executing type certification tests.
- Prepare analysis documents, test compliance plans of analysis, and execute tests.
- Review supplier TSO and create TSO report
- Interface with the flight test team in Nagoya and the Seattle Engineering Office including Moses Lake to follow the FPS system tests conducted. Responsibilities include participating with the FPS team to prepare and/or review responses to flight test problem reports, review of test data and ground and flight test plans and test reports.
- Responsible for real-time telemetry monitoring during ground and flight tests, data analysis and documentation.
- Perform or assist with inspections and on-aircraft troubleshooting.
- Assist with identifying problems, adjusting and repairing systems during the troubleshooting process according to specifications, technical drawings, manuals and established procedures.
- Lead resolution of design challenges and any issues relate to aircraft certification.
- Act as an interface for the identified FPS ATA with the involved design specialists, FPS system supplier and subcontractors, in particular with the Interior Group.
- Be fully involved in supporting the Design Change process and activity.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by the Team Leader.
- Be prepared to work as a team member in a multi-cultural and international working environment at the Headquarter based in Japan.
- The engineer must be able to utilize interpersonal and communication techniques, working in a team environment as well as identifying potential issues with the ability to plan and implement short and long term goals in aircraft development.
- Work Experience and Skillset:
- Each Engineer is mandated to meet the schedule by resolving problems and mitigating risk. Coordinate Interaction with other stakeholders (etc. PMO, SCM, and other engineering teams)
- All tasks required to perform above activities are considered within work scope; initiating/ reviewing related documents, discussion with relevant parties.
- Over 5 years experienced for designated design area.