NC Engineer III
Experience in programming aircraft furniture a plus, and experience programming for machining process for composite materials.
Under minimal supervision, perform activities related to complex numerical control (NC) programming, including machining methods, tooling concepts, and programs for NC milling machines and lathes.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Conduct a thorough analysis of engineering drawings, tool design drawings, and/or electronic models, to determine the optimal machining methods, selection of machine tool, and material cut size.
2. Interact with planners, tool designers, engineering, and customers as required, to finalize plan.
3. Develop cutter motion logic per operation sequence, selecting proper spindle speeds and feed rates.
4. Perform a thorough check on all aspects of the program and verify cutter paths through the utilization of Vericut.
5. Develop operator set-up sheets for numerical control machines.
6. Develop flat pattern mylars and templates as required.
7. Produce 2-D Catia tool drawings as required.
8. May act as Team Leader as required, assigning work tasks, maintaining work load schedules, and setting priorities to ensure timely completion of department goals and corporate objectives.
1. Assist in training and guiding lower level engineers as needed.
2. Assist in formulating Numerical Control policies, procedures, and specifications as required.
3. Perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
2. Strong knowledge of various machining and drafting methods, technical writing, and computer use.
3. Ability to read and interpret complex blueprints and engineering drawings.
4. Must be highly proficient with Catia modeling, drafting, and Catia NC Mill function.
5. Must have demonstrated expertise and a proven track record in support of company policies and rules, and consistently meeting objectives.
Phone: (425) 806-5200
Fax: (425) 806-5585
ContractJobHunter is a service of:
P.O. Box 3006, Bothell, WA 98041-3006, USA Disclaimer
The content of this website is Copyright 2021 ContractJobHunter.com LLC