PDS is looking for an Mechanical Design Engineer in Wichita, KS:
In your role, you will:
• Investigate design build issues and develop structural engineering and instrumentation installation solutions
• Author temporary engineering to resolve build issues in a timely manner
• Dispositioning aircraft non-conformances including rework instructions. (MRB)
• Perform aircraft and engineering drawing investigation and coordination with affected engineering disciplines, Quality Assurance and operations manufacturing representatives.
• Design Flight Test engineering change requests and coordinate with work package owners
• Author engineering to define structural special instructions or restrictions
• Design and Release Special Missions Engineering structural and systems installations.
QualificationsAs our ideal candidate,
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Aeronautical Engineering or a related discipline. OR…5 years industry experience
- 5,000 hours on CATIA V5.
- Proficient in CATIA V5 Workbenches: Assembly Design, Part Design (Boolean Operations), Aerospace Sheetmetal, Tubing Design, Kinematics and Electrical Harness Routing are a plus.
- Experience in ENOVIA LCA is a plus
- Experience in Teamcenter PLM is a plus.
- You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You must be able to interface constructively and effectively in a cross functional team environment.
- You must be able to work independently and efficiently multitask.
- You must be a highly motivated, self-starter.
- You must have proficiency with MS Office tools, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. All other computer systems and software are a plus.
- Any aircraft or manufacturing experience is an asset.
- Experience in Special Missions or Aftermarket modifications is a plus.
- You are eligible to view and handle ITAR material.