PDS Tech is seeking an Liaison Engineer, Service Engineering Properties for an open position in Savannah, GA.
Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of aircraft products and services
1. Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues
2. Is consulted extensively by associates and others as a recognized authority within the field
3. Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities
4. Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedule
5. Works without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results
6. Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments, and makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative
1. Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Five (5) ys in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- Must be able to work Weekend Shift: Weekend 1st Shift 7:00am-7:00pm Friday-Monday
The following unique skills are required:
- Fundamental understanding of aircraft structures engineering principles and experience developing and applying minor and major repairs to aircraft structure.
- The ability to use computer aided design tools such as Smart Team, CCD, CATIA V4 & V5, AutoCAD, or similar in the design and repair of aircraft structures.
- Strong written and verbal communication and collaborative skills and the ability to effectively communicate the organization's position with external and internal customers.
- Ability to effectively work with and support a multi-disciplined team of engineers, mechanics, technicians, managers, customers etc.
- Flexibility to move quickly from one assignment to the next and the ability to handle multiple issues simultaneously.
The following unique skills are preferred:
- Gulfstream Aircraft engineering experience, e.g. GIV, G450, GV, G550, G650, G500, G600.
- Experience with Maintenance and Structural Repair Manuals.
- Experience designing aircraft structural repairs with basic static stress analysis in support of the disposition and or drawing.
- Experience designing composite and metal bonded structural repairs.
- Practical hands-on aircraft trouble shooting and problem solving experience.
1. Advanced degree in engineering, or related curriculum preferred.
2. The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.