PDS Tech is seeking a Flight Test Instrumentation Engineer for an open position in Savannah, GA.
In your role, you will:
- Performs engineering work related to the investigation and solution of basic problems associated with research, design, development, service and manufacture of company aircraft.
1. Provides technical assistance to engineering staff and contributes by completing discrete engineering tasks on schedule
2. Using company procedures, applies engineering knowledge to resolve routine issues
3. Analyzes and evaluates results of project activities
4. Prepares recommendations for changes and compiles necessary reports for various department supervision
5. Recognizes discrepancies and/or problems with analysis/test results and works toward corrective action
1. Actively works to improve daily processes, and ensures all work meets customer requirements
2. Continues learning and developing knowledge of application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in assigned field of expertise Perform other duties as assigned.
As our ideal candidate, you will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job. Entry level. 0 to 18 months experience.
Experience developing graphical user interfaces
Strong communication skills
Ability to develop and test prototype applications on flight test hardware to validate designs
1. The level of technical skills and abilities appropriate for this grade level will be established by each discipline.
2. Work is closely supervised/monitored, follows established procedures and methods.
3. Failure to achieve results may cause delays in program schedules.
4. Ability to convey technical concepts in both written and verbal formats.
5. Contacts are primarily with direct supervisor, mentor, and other exempt professionals in the group or department.
6. Works under general supervision for most tasks.