PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Flight Simulator Design Engineer in Berkeley, MO.
- The successful candidate will work independently and will assist other members of the Test Team in the performance of day-to-day operations in a fast-paced testing environment.
- Team members create and execute Test Procedures to ensure the trainers correctly simulates aircraft performance and the operational environment.
- Team members will help develop system requirements, and perform all aspects of system testing on several types of pilot training systems.
- Off shift and weekend work may also be occasionally required to meet contractual milestones, objectives and delivery schedules
- This is a mid-level to senior grade position
- Plans research and development programs for flight simulator requirements.
- Translates contract requirements into work requirements, processes and tasks.
- Manages customer and supplier relationships.
- Researches and responds to specialized technical questions from customers on flight simulator operations, service and regulatory concerns.
- Provides on-site customer assistance to support the introduction of new training equipment.
- Resolves specialized customer issues in the field.
- Leads and reviews analysis and evaluation of specialized engineering and supplier aircraft systems and performance data, operational documents and software for delivery to the customer.
- Researches and analyzes customer and regulatory authority requirements to ensure they comply with industry standards.
- Leads and reviews the client's processes across organizations for defining the customer product, delivery and support.
- Develops new/revised processes in support of customer requirements and/or changes in company guidelines. Works under minimal direction.
- This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Ability to work flexible hours, overtime and occasional weekends when necessary
-Experience flying F-15 and/or other fighter aircraft within the last five years
- Experience or familiarity with the aircraft test environment
- Technical Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.