Structural Engineer IV
PDS Tech is seeking a Structural Engineer (Civil) in Anchorage, AK.
• Responsible for the structural design of various structures, equipment and systems for new build, conversion, refurbishment, and upgrades to drilling and production facilities.
• Assists in developing layouts, scopes of work, procurement specifications, vendor expediting, and resolution of engineering issues.
• Responsible for accurate scheduling, budget preparation and control, quality, and safety of designs.
• Coordinates the work of drafters and technicians to ensure that design and quality requirements are met.
• Reviews and approves engineering drawings and calculations in compliance with regulatory rules and ensure adequate standards of safety are incorporated.
• Supports and assists operations and projects staff with technical queries and structural non-conformances as required.
• Assists in the development of fabrication and structural inspection plans.
Required and Preferred Skills and Experience
• Senior level, typically 7-10 years of experience.
• Understands advanced aspects of discipline and is viewed as an expert in a given field.
• Applies broad range of competencies to develop solutions to complex problems. Influences others to achieve objectives.
• Often provides specialized/technical/functional guidance to others within department and/or business asset.
• Knowledge of ASISC, ASCE, and AWS codes
• Familiarity with DOT, ADEC, and SPCC regulations
• Knowledge of welding, metallurgy, and QA/QC methods
|Professional Engineer License (PE)||Yes|
|Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineer||Yes|
|Structural Analysis (ANSYS, Abaqus, etc.)||Yes|