You will oversee project sourcing, planning, and delivery of a growing project pipeline, primarily in North America and Europe.
- Execute on day-to-day delivery of ongoing project studies, manage engineering consultants, and coordinate input from engineering and commercial teams.
- Lead multi-disciplinary workstreams (technical, business, marketing) to drive progress and ensure alignment with engineering and commercial objectives.
- Ensure overall quality, cost and schedule of project studies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with project sponsors / customers, and other stakeholders as necessary.
- Form strategic partnerships with engineering firms to jointly submit project proposals and responses to government inquiries.
- Monitor open government inquiries and RFPs and manage strategic pursuits in the US and EU.
- Travel within North America and Europe on an as-needed basis, primarily for government meetings and outreach events.
- Strong interpersonal skills and enthusiastic leader.
- Strategically-minded thinker with strong decision-making skills.
- Able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences, including clients, external consultants, contractors, and regulatory agencies.
- Flexible, adaptable and able to work under limited direction in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to consistently meet the required quality standards and agreed deadlines.
- Comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Highly self-motivated and eager to take on new challenges.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Civil, Structural or Transportation Engineering.
- Manager-level experience in the development and execution of large (greater than $500 Million contract value) transportation infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrated experience in both technical and commercial aspects of pre-procurement project delivery, including feasibility and EIA/EIS studies.
- Well-versed in domestic and international transportation design codes and regulatory standards, including AASHTO, FHWA, FRA and Eurocode.
- Strong understanding of construction industry, including procurement methods, contract risk allocation, and project cost and schedule drivers.
- Demonstrated experience with non-traditional project delivery methodologies, including public-private partnerships.