Senior Composites Materials Test Engineer, Fort Worth, TX
Sr. Non-Metallic Materials Test-Engineer, Fort Worth, TX
Cyient takes pride in partnering with the world’s leading Aerospace & Defense companies to deliver value-driven and outcome-based engineering solutions. We undertake design and system-level ownership of complex components, sub-systems, and modules to allow our clients to sustain a competitive advantage.
We collaborate with clients to support and deliver a wide range of end-to-end product and process engineering solutions across the Aerospace & Defense product segments - engines, avionics, structures, systems, interiors, aftermarket, digital, and defense.
You will report to the onsite Engineering Manager. You will perform different Test Engineering tasks to support development, production, and use of advanced engineered composite materials on advanced aerospace vehicles for military, commercial, and innovation application.
• Demonstrate advanced knowledge of materials, processes and the controlling specifications.
• Have experience in Composite Materials and processes.
• Have experience in bonding techniques, both metallic and composites.
• Demonstrate advanced skills related to drawing review and interpretation using CAD/CAM software
• Demonstrate advanced skills in using computerized drawing management system (ENOVIA)
• Write wide range of technical reports (IOMs, Test Requests, Destructive Test, Bonding Lab and Material Characterization Reports)
• Demonstrate expertise in Composites testing using Testing machine frames such as MTS or Instron.
• Demonstrate experience in Testing & evaluation of properties of composites by testing specimens in Compression, Tension, 3 - point bend testing, Three- and four-point flexure testing, Tensile testing of isotropic and orthotropic non-unidirectional fiber composites, Design Features laminate testing, Tensile testing of unidirectional carbon fiber reinforced composites, Testing laminates for in-plane shear response of polymer matrix composite materials, lap shear strengths of adhesive bonded single-lap-joints and double -lap joints, Testing of honeycomb sandwich constructed panels,
• Design test specimens for features testing, with discussions of design engineers, such as riveted joint specimens, Holed / notched specimens,
• Program machines (hydraulic or electrical Test frames) for software modifications of Test templates / creating new templates / new test processes. Keeping the OEM software updates and ensuring the upload’s performance. Statistical methods and materials
• Calibration of test machines / and troubleshooting /
• Well versed with test methods such as :
• ASTM D2344; ASTM D3039; ASTM D3410; ASTM D3518; ASTM D6641
• EN 2377; EN 2561; EN 2597; EN 6031
• ISO 14126; ISO 14129; ISO 14130; ISO 527-4; ISO 527-5
• Review and revise material and process coordinating with vendors to resolve issues.
• Provide recommendations to `wider range of shop production problems, coordinating directly with manufacturing and quality personnel.
• Gain familiarity with mechanical test equipment and learn to conduct simple static tests.
• Work with lab technicians to manage more complex test programs.
• Develop proficiency with vendor audits to conducts audits unsupervised, coordinating with Supplier Product and Quality personnel.
• Familiar with DMA test process.
• Knowledge of Composites Materials and industry test standards for aerospace materials – SAE, ASTM , MIL Standards etc.
• Experience of Test machines – MTS required
• CATIA V5 or CATIA V6, ENOVIA
• MS Office, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
Education: BS Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering - Required. (MS Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering preferred)
Experience : 10 years’ experience in an aerospace environment ( with non-metallic material lab environment preferred)
Citizenship: US citizen
Cyient recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive company where our people can focus their whole self on solving problems that matter.