THIS JOB IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. THIS IS ARCHIVAL INFORMATION. Principal Guidance, Navigation and Controls Engineer (10-15+ yrs exp)
The Core Technology Engineering Group is looking for a Principle Engineer with a background in Navigation and Controls to help in the design, analysis and testing of state-of-the-art airborne remote sensing systems.
These sensor systems utilize highly accurate Navigation & Control systems in order to isolate the line-of-sight (LOS) from aircraft motions, for pointing to imaging targets and obtaining geolocation information. The individual will join an experienced interdisciplinary team of engineers working in a collaborative environment, with the responsibility of developing & implementing guidance and control systems.
The main responsibilities include:
• Derive the Navigation & Control system requirements and functionally architect a system to meet the requirement under size & power constraints.
• Design and implement Navigation & Control algorithms to perform under 6DOF aircraft motion.
• Perform model-based analysis of the various aspects of the system including stability, performance, robustness and mission objective analysis.
Detailed Skill Requirements:
• Demonstrated strong skills in the derivation of Control system requirements
• Demonstrated strong skills in classical or modern controls design
• Demonstrated strong skills in developing algorithms
• Ability to learn on the fly.
• Ability to drive tasks to closure in an environment of changing priorities
• Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
• US Citizenship
• Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline and 10 years of experience or an advanced degree in the appropriate disciple and 7 years of experience
• Advanced knowledge of Modeling and Simulation
• Hands-on experience with design and execution of hardware-in-the-loop testing
• Proficient with MATLAB/Simulink
PDS TECHNICAL SERVICES
50 FOUNDERS PLAZA STE 304
EAST HARTFORD, CT 06108