The main scope of this role is to work on and lead technical activities of the Aircraft Performance Team to support the documentation, analysis, performance software/tool development and certification of the aircraft, including support of AFM/FCOM development. This will include interfacing with all other aircraft functions, engineering teams and partner companies to coordinate and obtain the approval of any task assigned contributing to the aircraft.
If requested, the responsible engineer will also work for any other duties that the Performance Team has such as flight test related activities, development of manuals (MEL and CDL) and CAFM, and performance analysis.
In this role you will:
- Work as a team member of and lead some activities of the Performance Team in the Flight Dynamics Group.
- Provide technical assistance to the development and certification of the aircraft program, focusing primarily on the design and development including performance software and verification of aircraft performance characteristics, including demonstrating and documenting compliance to all applicable regulations.
- All tasks required to perform above activities are considered within work scope; initiating/ reviewing related documents, technical calculation, interface discussion with the team members and all the other stakeholders including systems, structures, manufacturing, customer support, and partners.
- Other tasks may include assisting other aircraft performance duties such as analysis of specific phases of flight as well as overall mission, support of flight test activities (data analysis, modeling, report), development of technical manuals (AFM, FCOM, MEL and CDL) and CAFM, analysis of failure scenarios.
- Education and mentoring of company members regarding professional knowledge of Performance is required on an on-going basis.
- Provide expertise to assist in resolving Performance issues identified during any desktop analysis, rig testing or Flight testing.
- Minimum 10 years broad engineering experience in other aircraft technical disciplines.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English