Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Five (5) ys in specific technical discipline or ten (10) yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.Unique Skills:
- Required Design Engineer/Mechanical Engineering for Aircraft Cabin Interiors in Completions Engineering. Design responsibilities primarily involve engineering design of new and derivative versions of interior furnishings and amenities as part of outfitting new aircraft.
- **Knowledge with placard creation/installation and/or seat engineering/installation highly preferred**
- Design engineer will design installations for aforementioned commodities along with necessary airframe modifications to meet load requirements of the interior installation and should have the competency with Weight & Center of Gravity Analysis.
- Experience with Part 25 aircraft requirements and some familiarity with Part 135 requirements.
- Engineering design work includes the creation of drawings/models using either CATIA V5, or AutoCAD and SmarTeam.
- Design Engineer will be required to liaison with the shop on engineering issues.
- Design assignments include but are not limited to: -Item Installation Analysis -Similarity Analysis -Configuration Analysis Design engineer will employ design standards consistent with company standards and accepted design methods executed under the direction of the Mechanical Engineering Group Head to meet aircraft delivery schedule.
- Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline