Our Client in Mobile, AL is seeking Aircraft Systems Installers
Responsible for the systems installation of the aircraft for the final assembly line
- Prepare mechanical components at the station/work place/aircraft parking space
- Installation and manufacture: mark, prepare, assemble, adapt, torque and secure mechanical components and parts
- Inspect bonding as per order/GTI, drawing and specifications
- Check system functions
- Specialized in the one Area mentioned below:
- VTP and HTP installation,
- Wing Mechanic work
- installation and rigging of flaps, slats and spoilers
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- High School Diploma, GED or an equivalent combination of training/experience.
- A&P license is required or equivalent experience.
- The ability to successfully complete the following trainings provided by Airbus after recruitment:
- Health & Safety
- General aircraft familiarization
- Quality trainings
- Training from a vocational school or previous employer in the use of application tools and in application techniques
- 2 years minimum experience in Aviation Production or equivalent required
- Completed vocational training (Mechanics/Systems) preferred
- 5+ years hands-on experience in Aviation Production
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Knowledge of System/Mechanical tasks
- Good knowledge and experience in LEAN practices
- High degree of flexibility
- Ability to work under high pressure
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English
- Vision: adequate to enter and read material on computer screens. Able to identify individuals to initiate greetings, the giving of directions and other business interactions
- Hearing: able to hear sufficiently to engage in conversation in office settings. Able to hear safety alerts and warning signals.
- Speaking: able to engage in conversations in person and via electronic means and deliver information to groups of varying size with or without amplification.
- Equipment Operation: Able to operate a wide range of personal and office electronic equipment. Working on jigs at fuselage at a height of 15 feet. Able to work on hydraulic lifts sometimes at a height of up to 40 feet.
- Confined Space: able to enter and exit a 12" x 22" passage and work through a 9.7" x 17.7" opening while using a respirator within a confined space for various lengths of time
- Carrying:able to occasionally carry up to 55lbs/25kg which engaging in training, addressing production issues or as part of continuous improvement projects.
- Lifting:able to occasionally lift up to 55lbs/25kg.
- Pushing/Pulling: able to push/pull items in office areas.
- Sitting:able to sit for extended periods of time at computer and in meetings.
- Squatting/Kneeling: able to occasionally squat or kneel to retrieve or replace items shelved on bottom shelves.
- Standing:able to stand for extended periods of time delivering information.
- Travel:able to travel overseas and domestically sometimes for extended periods of time.
- Walking:able to walk through office and production areas, around flight line and airstrips and sometimes on uneven indoor and/or outdoor surfaces.