|DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: |
- Oversee prototype and pilot builds, document the build process with standardized work instructions, define and implement new manufacturing technologies.
- Provide documentation and make technical presentations as required; Devise new approaches to resolve unusual or complex composite manufacturing problems through early, upfront design-for-manufacturing (DFM) principles to ensure producibility, inspectability, testability, maintainability and repairability.
- Manage the verification, control, effectivity and release of automation files, i.e. ply nesting, laser projection, oven/autoclave programs, and/or work instructions.
- Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine composite manufacturing processes, staff requirements, and production standards.
- Work continuous improvement projects to eliminate tribal knowledge and coordinates quality control objectives and activities to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability, and minimize cost.
- Lead Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA).
- Communicate with management and user personnel to develop production and design standards.
- Estimate production cost and effect of product design changes for management review, action, and control.
- Formulate sampling procedures and designs and develop forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Record or oversee recording of information to ensure currency of engineering drawings and documentation of production problems. Study operations sequence, material flow, functional statements, organization charts, and project information to determine worker functions and responsibilities.
- Implement methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and defective or damaged parts, and assess cost and responsibility.
- Evaluate precision and accuracy of production and testing equipment and engineering drawings to formulate corrective action plan.
- Develop manufacturing methods, labor utilization standards, and cost analysis systems to promote efficient staff and facility utilization.
- Specify and implement equipment and processes.
- Liaison work orders as required to reflect process changes, non-conformity dispositions and engineering changes.
- Develop and maintain work instructions to guide technicians in the assembly of assigned products.
- Provide support for the disposition of non-conforming product, identify root cause, and lead/assist in the implementation of corrective/preventative actions
- Employ Lean Manufacturing methodologies for waste reduction, .e.g., 5S, Standard Work, TAKT, Pull System, 5S, Value Stream Mapping, cell design, and manufacturing flow.
- Responsible for manufacturing process development, implementation, and continuous improvement to enhance Quality/ Yield, reduce Cost, and improve Productivity/Schedule.
- Prioritize, initiate and lead lean manufacturing process improvement projects.
- Review and approve engineering designs and changes and ensure their manufacturability.