Avionics Air Data System Engineer
Guides successful completion of major engineering activities related to the development and certification of the Navigation systems on the aircraft.
(1) Provides engineering oversight and/or dispositions of the system functionality for the Production build.
(2) Contributes to planning, coordinating and executing important engineering activities with team members, other groups within company, and suppliers
(3) Prepares and reviews necessary documents such as, but not limited to: system level requirements, equipment specifications, source control drawings, electrical interface control documents, wiring diagrams, certification plans, Rigs, ground and flight test procedures, etc.
(4) Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues.
(5) Coordination with Japanese authority (JCAB) for the certification requirements pertinent to the systems.
(6) Provides specialized technical assistance to team members.
(7) Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities.
(8) Is able to balance technical activities with cost and schedule.
(9) Works under limited supervision; work should only be required to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives.
The primary work location will be in Nagoya, Japan. However, the job may involve international travel. Deployment for extended periods to USA to support Flight Tests may be necessary.