PDS Tech is seeking a Structures Aircraft Maintenance, in Waco, TX.
You will demonstrate success by:
• A thorough understanding of aircraft drawings and maintenance manuals
• In-depth knowledge of tools required to perform this job function
• Great familiarity with general industry standards on quality expectations and ability to proficiently self-inspect completed work
• In-depth knowledge of sheet metal principles and techniques
• Ability and willingness to train and mentor lower level technicians
• General knowledge of military aircraft FOD and Tool Control requirements
• C-130H and C-130J Periodic Depot Maintenance (PDM), or modification experience a plus
• G550 Structure and Modification a plus
• 737 C Check and Modification a plus
• Working from drawings, blueprints, sketches, written procedures, planned work orders, technical work orders, work cards, and/or any other authorized reference material as required to complete assigned work.
• Performing structural modifications, aircraft inspections, or repairs. Sometimes in confined spaces.
• Use of company computer systems for work documentation and retrieval of production-related documents.
- Secret - can start with an interim
- 8 years of experience (or equivalent, see below) on aircraft structures assembly
- May substitute 2 years of experience with completion of Airframe and Power plant schooling or A&P certificate
- Must be able to be certified to operate self-propelled vehicles such as forklifts, scissor lifts, boom lifts, and aircraft tow vehicles. Requires flight line physical.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to achieve and maintain security clearance
- Must be able to read and write the English Language
- Must be able to work overtime, any shift, and weekends as required.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background, drug, & medical screening; subject to FAA requirements and random substance abuse screening.
- Must possess mechanical skills and have the ability to assemble close tolerance parts using hand tools such as pneumatic drills and rivet guns.
- Must have requisite basic tools prior to starting to work; tool list will be provided. Tools must be shadowed and engraved.