PDS Tech is currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer (Configuration Management) in Greensboro, NC!
Provide technical support for the Production Engineering Department working in Production Manufacturing Bill of Materials (MBOM). The Engineer must be able to develop documentation and procedures to ensure compliance specific to various company policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the Manufacturing Bill of Materials (MBOM) and the Engineering Bill of Materials (EBOM) accuracy.
- Verifies the configuration of the Manufacturing Bill of Materials (MBOM) to the
- Engineering Bill of Materials (EBOM).
- Provides data comparisons between the Engineering Bill of Materials (EBOM) to the Manufacturing Bill of Materials (MBOM), Engineering Bill of Materials (EBOM) to the "As Built".
- Creates and updates MBOMs in the Manufacturing Product Structure. This may include(s) Interfacing w/ multiple teams.
- Defines and maintains MBOM requirements including condition of supply documents and applicable substitutes per engineering definitions and requirements.
- Interfaces and liaisons with multiple functional groups including Supply Chain, Quality and Production Operations to develop strategies for implementation of released engineering.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement, documents, and prepares initiatives for process and/or engineering change to reduce cost and increase quality.
- Maintains the ME Backlog which is part of the Honda's "As/Planned" documentation for FAA requirements.
- Audits and recommends improvements to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Production Engineering Department's procedures and processes.
Education, Work Experience, Certification and/or Licensure:
- Bachelors' degree in Manufacturing Engineer or other related field strongly preferred.
- Six Sigma Training or Lean Manufacturing experience a plus.
- Configuration Management certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and/or specifications requirements.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a diverse environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, direct and/or carry out multiple tasks/responsibilities.
- Working knowledge of planning documents, bills of materials, and material requirements.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills, and basic experience utilizing tools such as SAP, Teamcenter, CATIA, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio (or equivalent) PowerPoint and Project). Physical Requirements:
- Incumbents may be routinely exposed to equipment operational noise heat-cold-dust, and/or aircraft equipment, parts, or fuel odors.
- Incumbents may be required to stand, sit, squat, walk, bend, move, reach, or stretch for prolonged time periods with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
- Work in a safe and professional manner while adhering to all regulatory requirements (FAA, OSHA, DOT, EPA, state, and Federal regulations, etc.).
- Read, hear, speak, and see with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
- Comprehend and adhere to management directions and/or safety instructions with no restrictions.
- Effectively communicate in Business English language.
- Pull, push, carry, lift, or move items up to 10 lbs. throughout the work shift without assistance, as required by job duties.
- Pull, push, carry, lift, or move materials/items/equipment weighing up to 501bs or more during the work shift, with the use of Company provided "reach assistance technology" or "movement assist technology" (fork-lifts, pallet jacks, pulleys, dolly's, robotics reach equipment, people movers etc.), as required by job duties.