PDS Tech is seeking an Avionics Installer II for an open position in Savannah, GA.
Under moderate supervision, assists in the removal/installation of avionics electrical components, fabrication of wire harnesses, installations, terminations, ring-out, and functional tests of avionics/electrical systems
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Functions: 1. Assists in installations, modifications and the fabrication of wiring and electrical components, fixtures, and associated equipment in accordance with blueprints, worksheets, and engineering drawings. 2. Assists with the completion of tasks within allotted time frame. 3. Assists with maintaining required logs and records. 4. Complies with the company FOD program, tool control program, 5-S program and all safety regulations.
Additional Functions: 1. Properly care for and maintain shop equipment and tools as assigned by Supervisor. 2. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma/GED.
- General knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements and customer specifications.
- Must know how to use a multimeter.
- Entry level position.
- Six (6) months accredited schooling in aviation electronics or general electrical experience preferred.
Knowledge of electrical systems and drawings, working knowledge and experience with electrical hand tools, (crimpers, wire cutters, etc) computer literate, availability to possibly work 2nd shift.
1. Technical Certificate in aircraft electrical assembly preferred and/or successful completion in current year youth apprenticeship program, in area of expertise.
2. Ability to read and interpret basic blueprints and schematic diagrams.
3. Strong written and verbal skills required.
4. Computer skills and general software knowledge necessary.