This position will be responsible for reviewing, recording, coordinating, and verification that products, installations, schedules, applications,
and work provided by the Contractor to verify to the engineering drawings and specifications. This position regularly communicates with the Engineer,
Contractor, Owner, and other parties having jurisdiction (agencies, permitting authorities, etc.) to coordinate the Contractors schedule, progress, work,
and requests. Projects will generally focus on: water transmission and sanitary sewer collection pipelines, water/wastewater treatment plants, storage tanks,
and pumping stations. Experience with municipal water and/or wastewater pipelines and facilities is highly encouraged.
Specific areas of responsibility include the following, with other duties as assigned by management:
• Verify that installations are in conformance with the contract documents. This includes observations of the materials, work in progress, and finished installations
• Help resolve design and construction conflicts that are found to exist through execution of the work
• Document in writing important conditions experienced at the jobsite. This includes writing daily journals providing information relating to weather,
job conditions, contractor’s forces, safety issues/concerns, installations that took place, tests run or required, and placement of photographs documenting the progress
Take frequent and regular photographs helping do document the work as it progresses.
• Serve as a liaison using regular communications with Owner, Engineer, Contractor, and other stakeholders to improve project communication, clarifications, and transparency
• Review delivered materials and verify conformance with approved shop drawings and submittals.
•Calculate and/or verify installed quantities and support Contractors applications for partial payment.
• Establish and maintain relationships with prospective and existing clients.
Bachelor's degree in construction, construction management, or engineering from accredited program.
Minimum 5 years related experience in municipal or industrial water/wastewater projects.
This position requires:
• Knowledge of water transmission mains, water distribution systems, wastewater collection systems, water and wastewater treatment plants,
pump stations, water storage tanks, and related projects.
• Broad exposure and experience communicating with Engineers, Owners, and Contractors including coordination and communication with regulatory agencies.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to clearly and effectively present complex information to all levels
of employees, management, clients, and public stakeholders.
• Experience with construction and or construction management
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated success in project and/or program management.
• Proficiency in the use of basic computer software (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Ability to drive a motor vehicle.
• Ability to work outside for long periods of time in warm and cool conditions associated with work in the Rocky Mountain Region
• Ability to climb a ladder and/or scaffolding