THIS JOB IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. THIS IS ARCHIVAL INFORMATION. Sr. Hardware RF Engineer--Direct hire--Yorba Linda, CA (VHDL, Verilog, FPGA, CPLD, CCA)
Recruiter to Contact: Adam Salazar
Job Title: Sr. Hardware RF Engineer
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Assignment Length: Direct Hire job
A Senior Hardware Engineer is a senior professional with an advanced degree and significant experience with electronics design. In this role, the individual will work directly with engineering staff to design, develop, and validate various special purpose communication systems supporting the U.S. military. This individual will perform detailed electronic circuit design/analysis, work closely with project leads to coordinate prototyping activities, and be responsible for the assigned CCA and system design from concept through pre-production phase. The individual must have a good working and analytical knowledge of digital, analog, microprocessor system design using CAD design tools. This individual may be responsible for forming project teams when projects become large or are beyond their skill set, experience, or abilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design and validate RF electronic circuits (including: RF amplifier, communications modulation/demodulation, signal conditioning, and antennas).
• Design and validate mixed-signal electronic circuits (including: VHDL, Verilog, FPGA/CPLD, high-speed digital communications, microprocessor embedded systems, signal conditioning, power supplies, A/D, D/A circuitry).
• Perform detailed Circuit Card Assemblies and sub-system design, analysis, verification, simulation, and related work as required.
• Work with complicated electronic system concepts and detailed circuit design to properly determine the necessary design tradeoffs.
• Participate in Circuit Card Assembly, system test planning, and system test procedure generation for first articles.
• Provide support to the design, development, prototype fabrication, and design verification testing of electronic circuits.
• Participate in all phases of design activities.
• Understand how to implement low-cost and robust Circuit Card Assembly designs to meet all technical requirements.
• Support technical proposal generation.
• Generate all necessary design documentation in a timely fashion.
• Oversee all activities for all sustaining and technical support projects.
• Work closely and share innovative ideas with engineering, sales, and manufacturing.
• B.S. in Engineering or Physics (or equivalent) with a minimum 10 years’ experience in hands-on design of electronic modules and systems. (M.S. with 7+ years preferred).
• In-depth experience in digital and analog Circuit Card Assembly layout and construction techniques.
• Experience with design and implementation of RF transceiver subsystems.
• Experience with design and implementation of microprocessor or DSP embedded computing systems.
• Experience with interfacing A/Ds and D/As to embedded computing systems.
• Demonstrated ability to solve practical problems and with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Demonstrated top-down design capabilities.
• Demonstrated ability to work within or lead a small technical development team.
• The ability to work with and without direct supervision.
• The ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, etc. forms, and move projects to completion.
• Understanding of electronics industry project lines and industry roadmaps.
• Computer literate.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Experience with choosing, designing in, and programming FPGA and CPLDs
• Experience with digital design implemented in VHDL.
• Experience with design and implementation of state machines.
• Experience with digital busses (VME, PCI, etc.) and architecture concepts.
• Experience with NTDS (MIL-STD-1397), ATDS (MIL-STD-188-203-1), and 1553 (MIL-STD-1553) communication protocols.
• Experience with power supply design and development.
• Experience with analog circuit design and development.
• Military background is a plus.
The individual must have the ability to read, write, and understand spoken English; the ability to read and understand product requirements and performance specifications; and the ability to read and understand schematics, assembly drawings, parts lists, test procedures, engineering drawings, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. The individual must have strong communication skills and the ability to interface directly with customers.
The individual may be required to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is generally quiet but may be moderate when various test fixtures are operating.
Yorba Linda, CA
1275 N MANASSERO ST
ANAHEIM, CA 92807