Avionics / Elec Techs
PDS TECH INC is currently looking for an Avionics Techs for our Long Beach customer.
If you are interested and available, please call 1-800-234-8644 x 20210
Send resume to: KPelonis@pdstech.com
Education and Experience Requirements:
Provides technical expertise in testing aircraft systems, troubleshooting and repairing system discrepancies to ensure minimum schedule impact. Demonstrates technical expertise by implementing process changes to reduce cost and meet schedule without compromising safety or quality. May fill in for the Senior Avionics/Electrical Technician thus ensuring that the company goals of safety and quality are enforced at all times while adhering to daily work plans to maintain schedule requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Demonstrates technical skills and expertise in avionics and aircraft systems operational testing and troubleshooting.
2. Performs the installation and functionally testing of electrical/avionics components and systems on aircraft per Engineering specifications, drawings and maintenance manuals ensuring a defect free system.
3. Ensures quality and efficiency of all installations: troubleshoots processes/concepts to provide timely, quality repairs of malfunctioning systems.
4. Demonstrates the skills and knowledge required to effectively and efficiently repair or replace defective components and wiring to ensure installations meet conformity. Demonstrates effective repair techniques using acceptable practices including splicing, soldering and pinning of wiring.
5. Performs and complies with engineering changes and modifications as required.
6. Sets up and operates necessary test equipment. Conducts functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability.
7. Ensures that all work performed on the aircraft is properly and completely documented and ready for inspection.
8. Tests and maintains test equipment, electronic systems, and components.
9. Complies with the company FOD program, tool control program, 5-S program and all safety regulations.
10. Adapt to sudden schedule changes.
1. In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required.
2. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Preferred proficiency in the operation and troubleshooting of other aircraft systems or disciplines other than avionics, such as hydraulics, landing gear, flight controls, environmental controls or structural installations and repairs.
2. Ability to read and interpret basic blueprints and schematic diagrams.
3. Demonstrates excellent communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
4. Must be able to climb stairs and ladders, work in confined areas and lift up to 80 pounds.