Client is a global leader in automotive seating. With 75,000 employees operating in 230 manufacturing/assembly plants in 33 countries worldwide, we produce and deliver automotive seating for all vehicle classes and all major OEMs. From complete seating systems to individual components, our expertise spans every step of the automotive seat-making process. Our integrated, in-house skills allow us to take our products from research and design all the way to engineering and manufacturing – and into more than 25 million cars every year.
An engineer in product design with good communication skills to work on vehicle Seat Metals and Mechanisms. The engineer will be responsible for designing seat mechanisms and structures for the program and/or product and must demonstrate the ability to plan, organize and deliver engineering program
- Executing robust designs, manufacturing feasibility, high quality on drawing releases, prototype parts and production parts.
- Help solve design issues by utilizing the Basic Engineering Process (BEP) process and his knowledge of lean engineering. Complete A3's which were presented in weekly and executive design reviews for these issues.
- Help prepare documentation and gather data for engineering xSO signoff. Exposure to the product development process and interact with Subject Matter Technical Experts (SMTEs) throughout the assignment.
- Support issue resolution and on-time execution for DV & PV testing phases by coordinating test timing, seat builds, and teardowns. This exposure allows for acquisition of knowledge in seat regulations, strength, durability, and tactical planning.
- Support customer and DV/PV test builds here in Plymouth. Exposure to Design For Assembly and Manufacturing (DFAM) principles. Gain understanding of the interaction between design and manufacturing in product development and key cost drivers.
- Acquire knowledge in Design for Cost to evaluate various engineering design changes in CAD while at the same time understanding the cost impact of those changes. This enables the team to assess the impact of changes in the ideation phase while still understanding a high level cost impact of those changes.
- Balancing multiple requirements from differing internal functional groups, Subject matter Experts and the customer to find optimized technical solutions to meet objectives such: as costs, performance, timing and launch.
- Completed a 4 year B.S. degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (not looking for recent Master's graduates).
- CAD experience – Proficient in CATIA v5 with 5 years' minimum experience.
- The engineer needs to have good analytical skills and work effectively with customers / suppliers and the development team.
If interested then please send updated resume at email@example.com
1201 PACIFIC AVE STE 600
TACOMA, WA 98402