Responsibilities: CNC / Conventional machinist
• CNC Machine precision fixtures, tools and product from drawings, in accordance with established procedures, with limited supervision.
• Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans ability to import and export CAD files, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
• CNC Programs mills and/or lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
• Conventional sets-up mills and/or lathes by installing and adjusting vices, three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers, tramming heads, fixturing and workholding as required, including adding features for holding if necessary for particular part geometry.
• Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces;
• Maintains specifications by observing milling, drilling, grooving, and cutting, facing, tapping and pocketing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes;
• Maintain cutting tools and makes necessary adjustments in machine control to meet part specifications.
• Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
• Review preventive maintenance log to ensure requirements are up to date; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
• Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Documents pertinent actions using WO system features.
• Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Minimum 10 years of CNC machining experience, both Mill and Lathe.
• At least 2 years in a lead position.
• Experience working with MasterCAM and Vericut.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Associates or bachelor’s degree in a relevant area.
• Safety training and/or certifications.
• Demonstrated experience leading a team in a tool manufacturing environment.
• May require long hours and weekend work as needed.
• Some travel may be required.
• Repetitive assembly operations may be required, such as: grasping, standing, lifting, bending, pulling, stooping, stretching, and carrying (loads up to 25lbs.).
10+ months contract
BUTLER AEROSPACE & DEFENSE
SHELTON POINTE STE 204 2 TRAP FALLS ROAD
SHELTON, CT 06484