The professional will work in the Flight Control team and the main scope of the work is to provide specialized technical assistance to the team regarding the design, development and verification of aircraft simulation models for an aircraft equipped with digital FbW system. This will include the development of aircraft simulation models from combinations of empirical aerodynamic estimation methods, wind tunnel data and flight test data, and integration with subsystem models. Participation in the planning and execution of wind tunnel and flight testing may also be required. There will be regular, close interaction with the Stability and Control, Control Laws and Flight Control Systems teams. The engineer is expected to provide hands-on assistance on the aircraft development, with innovative ideas and able to adapt successfully to changing situations and environments. If requested, the specialist will also work on other duties related to flight simulation and flight dynamics such as development of tools, analysis methodologies and documentation.
Scope of Work:
(1) will work as a team member of Flight Control Team in the Flight Dynamics Group.
(2) Basic work scope is to provide technical assistance to the development and certification of the aircraft program, focusing primarily on 2/2 the design, development and verification of aircraft simulation models, tools and analysis environments.
(3) This activity includes:
(4) Other tasks may include assisting other groups/teams in performing analysis, providing support to flight test activities (data analysis, modeling, reporting), analysis of failure scenarios.
(5) Education and mentoring of company members about professional knowledge of Aircraft Simulation and Aerodynamic Identification methodologies is required on an on-going basis.
(6) Provide expertise to assist in resolving Aircraft Model issues identified during any desktop analysis, piloted simulation, rig testing or Flight testing.