PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Production Controller in San Diego, CA.
- Maintains schedules for material requirements and availability for the manufacture of industrial and commercial products to support production control.
- Compiles records concerning quantity, cost, and type of material received, shipped, in stock or inventory, and/or in production.
- Expedites flow of materials, parts, and assemblies within or between departments in accordance with production and shipping schedules.
- Assists in determining possible and actual shortages may initiate action to correct these deficiencies.
- Uses knowledge of production, procurement, and engineering departments to alert proper authorities regarding potential problems and appropriate remedial action.
- Estimates and logs production rate and time expenditures and may be required to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates.
Little or no knowledge of the job. Moderate understanding of general job aspects and some understanding of the detailed aspects of the job.
Supervision Given and Received
Immediate Close supervision involving detailed verbal and written instructions. Frequent review of work performance.
Typical Duties and Tasks
Duties & tasks are simple and repetitive. Assists more senior staff members with routine tasks. Refers questions and problems to higher levels.
Consequence of Errors
Errors can be easily and quickly detected within the immediate work unit and would result only in minor disruption or expense to correct.
Contacts are primarily within immediate work unit. Contacts involve obtaining or providing information requiring little explanation or interpretation.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance