PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a HVAC Mechanic 3 in Redondo Beach, CA.
- Installs, services, modifies, rebuilds, and repairs air-conditioning and refrigeration systems and equipment in an industrial or commercial establishment in accordance with applicable building codes and safety regulations.
- Performs periodic inspection to locate and determine cause of equipment malfunctions; conducts maintenance program to prevent failure of such equipment as centrifugal compressors, electrical controls, evaporative condensers, pumps, fans, and heating equipment; charges air-conditioning systems with refrigerant; checks and tests for leaks; sets and adjusts controls and regulators; fabricates, assembles, and installs ductwork; overhauls equipment.
- May service, modify, and maintain centralized HAC computer systems and make program corrections.
- May be required to install and maintain high-technology clean room environments.
- Typically requires completion of a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
Full knowledge of the job. Complete acquaintance with and understanding of the general and detailed aspects of the job, and their practical applications to problems and situations ordinarily encountered.
Supervision Given and Received
Limited supervision. No instructions needed on routine work, and general instructions given on new lines of work or special assignments. May assist in orienting, training, assigning and checking the work of lower level employees.
Typical Duties and Tasks
Duties & tasks are varied and moderately complex. Resolves most questions and problems, and refers complex questions to higher levels.
Consequence of Errors
Errors may be difficult to detect and would normally result in loss of customer business, material, or equipment to resolve.
Contacts are frequent with individuals representing other departments, and/or representing outside organizations. Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data on matters of moderate importance to the function of the department or which may be of sensitive nature.
High School and 4 years additional education or AA Degree and 1 yr experience