|Job Location: Juana Diaz, Puerto Rico |
The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for maintaining and repairing the heavy machinery, plant equipment, tools and systems
used in agricultural activities and seeds processing.
Day-to-day activities and responsibilities will include: conducting periodic maintenance checks, planning equipment upgrades
and machinery modifications, identifying faults, investigating equipment breakdowns and monitoring the performance of equipment
after repairs have been carried out.
You may also be responsible for the procurement of new components for existing equipment or replacing the entire set of machines
after a prescribed period of usage is complete.
The maintenance engineer will indirectly lead the production area in challenging status quo and improving all aspects of the
• Planning and undertaking of scheduled maintenance activities
• Fixing faults or arranging for replacements to be installed
• Keeping production managers informed of progress
• Technical support of engineering and technical staff
• Obtaining specialist components, fixtures or fittings
• Creating maintenance procedures
• Organizing routine servicing schedules
• Allocating work to a team of Technicians.
• Coordinating the calibration of instruments to make sure they are accurate
• Passion for problem solving/troubleshooting
• Demonstrated agility, creativity, innovation and ingenuity
• Monitoring unit KPIs and development of action plans to improve performance
• Root Cause Failure Analysis of critical and/or high cost failures
• Manage direct reports through motivation, recognition, leadership, and employee development and administration
• Provide overall direction for Preventive Maintenance program, maintenance activities across facilities, special projects, and agriculture equipment.
• Responsible for scheduling, prioritization, and assignment of projects for maintenance activities across multiple locations and functions.
• Drive operational improvements, metrics tracking and implementation of best practices through team members and along with peers.
• Represent and contribute to the site’s involvement in community outreach
• Accountable for adherence of team to governmental rules and regulations as well as Client HSE initiatives and objectives to ensure worker safety
• Accountable for the establishment and use of maintenance software systems enabling the tracking of activities and downtime related to equipment availability.