PDS is looking for an Avionics Electrical Engineer in Wichita, KS:
In your role, you will:
• Review certification plans
• Write development and certification test procedures (Test Definition Sheets)
• Plot and analyze ground and flight test data
• Create flight test reports containing data demonstrating proper system operation as required by TC/FAA/EASA Regulations
• Assist technicians in troubleshooting aircraft avionics system problems
• Create development engineering documentation for design changes, in a flight test environment
• Provide system performance analysis to ensure proper operation as per the design specification
As our ideal candidate,
• You must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (Or Equivalent degree) with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in Avionics systems design, testing and/or certification OR a minimum of 12 years’ experience if no degree.
• You must have previous experience of supporting aircraft ground, flight, and functional testing
• You have a working knowledge of Rockwell Collins Proline 21 or Fusion Avionics Systems (preferred)
• You must have a good working knowledge of FAA & EASA Part 25 certification requirements.
• You must have working knowledge of RTCA documents DO-178 and DO-160.
• You must have the ability to interpret software documentation including logic diagrams related to avionics systems.
• You must have experience with utilizing ARINC data to isolate faults related to system controls software.
• You will demonstrate good teamwork and English communication skills, both oral and written, and be PC literate.
• You will demonstrate interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, employees, management and suppliers.
• You must be self-motivated, able to coordinate multiple activities and manage time effectively.