PDS Tech is working with a rapidly growing company dedicated to improving the quality of life of others by helping make broadband infrastructure affordable and accessible to all. We provide electrical cooperatives and investor-owned utilities with the service and support needed to manage their fiber projects from inception to operation with complete visibility and simplicity. Our bright and talented team enjoys a flexible work environment and excellent benefits in a rewarding environment.
Our client is currently in need of a Senior Network Engineer dedicated to serving our customer's network engineering needs. The Senior Network Engineer serves as the principle technical representative to our customers in the design, implementation, maintenance, and support of their carrier network.
- Deployment, configuration, and management of all customer’s networks and systems
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations and reliability of the network
- Resolve all Tier 1 and Tier 2 escalation in a Carrier Network environment.
- Develop and follow detailed MOP’s/SOP’s related to the deployment and maintenance of equipment to ensure interoperability and network availability
- Provide customer oversight related to network upgrades, capacity planning, and life-cycle management
- Acquire and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of all customer equipment and software related to their delivery of services
- Develop and maintain up-to-date documentation related to topology and configuration specifications of the network
- Ensure front-line customer satisfaction by dealing professionally and effectively with our customers and their customers
- Oversee the customer’s Operations Department with an emphasis on mentoring and elevating the skill set of the customer’s technical team
- Assist with procurement of equipment and vendor management.
- Review and develop best practice policies to promote operational continuous improvements and efficiencies
- Oversee and manage FTTX network installation and upgrade projects
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- 7+ years of work experience responsible for designing, deploying and operating large-scale networks
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting routing and switching protocols (BGP, IS-IS, MPLS, RSVP-TE, VRRP)
- Working knowledge of network protocols (TCP/UDP, DHCP, DNS) and experience with IPv4 and IPv6
- Experience working in a multi-vendor environment with hands-on experience with networking hardware
- Working knowledge of physical infrastructure design including structured cabling and fiber-optic cabling
- Proven experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and deliver against mission-critical deadlines
- Proven experience working in a team environment and solving problems with limited supervision
- Working knowledge of 40/100G Ethernet and CWDM, DWDM and optical transport network technologies
- Experience with field-based work in Data Centers, Colocation Facilities, Internet Exchanges, or Central Offices
- Experience configuring FTTX GPON access gear, Cisco, Adtran and Juniper network equipment a plus
- Familiarity with the Linux based systems and experience with scripting and automation (Bash, Python, Perl)
- Technical leadership capabilities and people management experience