|PDS Tech is seeking an Quality Assurance Engineer Specialist for an open position in Savannah, GA|
Performs Quality Assurance Engineering assignments that require independent evaluation, selection, and application of standard Quality Engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria. Is required. to use judgment and ingenuity in making adaptations and modifications to any standard process. Is a mentor and trainer for all other Quality Assurance Engineers. Considered a subject matter expert in subjects of the QAE body of knowledge. Undertakes those projects that are considered complex that require independent execution within a defined set of skills or knowledge area without help or coaching from others.
- Actively identifies and completes process improvement projects related to achieving improved quality or efficiency within their area of responsibility.
- Works with management on Strategic planning for the Quality Assurance Engineering organization.
- Interprets and executes company policies and procedures; develops new procedures as required.
- Familiar with leadership principles and techniques when developing and organizing teams.
- Maintains KPIs for the QAE processes to demonstrate process effectiveness and improved efficiency.
- Promotes, encourages and leads employees towards a continuous improvement culture.
- Reviews customer contracts on medium, moderately complex projects and responsible for requirements analysis, identification and definition.
- Serves as QA customer interface for various oversight activities.
- Proficient in the use and interpretation of GD&T, ASME Y14.5
- Performs quality planning activities including Quality Plans, QADs and Inspection Plans as required. by the assigned project(s).
- Performs design document reviews as appropriate for the assigned project(s).
- Participates in process improvement activities through monitoring, root cause investigations, auditing, failure analysis etc.
- Participates in CDRL development, review and delivery to the customer as required. by the assigned project(s).
- Utilizes industry and Quality Management System concepts, policies and procedures.
- Assists in gauging and calibration activities as necessary.
- Participates in MRB disposition activities.
- Proficient in the application of SPC techniques and tools such as MiniTab software.
- Communicates well, both written and verbal, with all the interfacing functions.
- Maintains good interpersonal skills and demonstrates leadership skills necessary for the position.
- Prepares team to meet future requirements through training and employee development activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, aviation sciences, quality systems or related field required or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Six (6) years quality assurance/control, manufacturing operations and/or military operations experience is required.
- Aerospace industry experience preferred.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of Industry Standards developed to mitigate Counterfeit Parts and their proper application both internally, and across the supply chain.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Defense Acquisition Regulations Systems (DFARS)
- Be able to understand/interpret customer requirements in contractual terms and conditions and incorporate appropriate roll down requirements for sub-level work and procurement
- Lead avoidance efforts to include implementation of inspection techniques for part types and when / how to apply them
- Demonstrate familiarity with external sources of information and notification tools (GIDEP, FAA Order 8120.16A-Suspected Unapproved Parts Notification, OASIS, ERAI, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with electrical/electronic components
1. Maintain an up to date knowledge in the areas of Quality Assurance, Regulatory Compliance, Design Controls, Risk Management, and Statistical Techniques.
2. Demonstrated experience and knowledge of FAA regulations, CATIA and Solumina preferred.
3. Knowledgeable of the Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance (GD&T) standard ASME Y14.5.
4. Thorough knowledge of quality policies, procedures and all related technical data required.
5. Lean/Six Sigma certification as a green belt preferred.
6. Proficient computer skills.