PDS Tech is seeking candidates for an Aircraft Cabin Installer position in Mobile, AL
Main responsibility is the cabin furnishing of the aircraft for the final assembly line. Focusing in a specified area such as cabin equipment and floor covering and cockpit, cargo and doors.
- Assembly of interior furnishing and equipping parts, to include cockpit, doors, galleys, toilets and floor covering
- Installation and testing of electrical units and components
- Inspect work of other team members and complete systems before customer acceptance
- Install and manufacture of components and parts (i.e. marking, connecting, assembling, bundling, painting, fitting, torquing, bonding, attaching, disassembling, positioning and repairs)
- Determine ways to eliminate disruptions and rework
- Perform presentations to the customer
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Maintain legible and accurate documentation as required
- Follow safe work practices and use/wear prescribed Personal Protective Equipment for specific tasks
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
- Use of tooling, design documents, specifications, test and inspection equipment, jigs, auxiliary equipment, fasteners etc
- Must be able to work in confined space(s)
- Must be flexible and work well with others
- Must be able to work first OR second shift schedule
- High school diploma or GED.
- The ability to successfully complete the following trainings provided by the Company after recruitment:
- Health & Safety
- General aircraft familiarization
- Quality trainings
- Training from a vocational school or previous employer in the use of application tools and in application techniques.
- 2 years minimum experience in Aviation Production or equivalent
- Previous hands-on experience with drilling tools, templates, drilling machines, fasteners, and torquing tools
- 5+ years minimum experience in Aviation Production
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Vision: adequate to enter and read material on computer screens. Able to identify markings and digital outputs on calibrated tools. Able to identify individuals to initiate greetings, the giving of directions and other business interactions
- Hearing: able to hear sufficiently to engage in conversation in office settings. Able to hear safety alerts and warning signals.
- Speaking: able to engage in conversations in person and via electronic means and deliver information to groups of varying size with or without amplification.
- Equipment Operation: Able to operate a wide range of tools and equipment including hydraulic lifts and arms.
- Carrying: able to occasionally carry up to 20lbs/9kg while engaging in training, addressing production issues or as part of continuous improvement projects.
- Confined Space: able to enter and exit a 12" x 22" passage and work through a 9.7" x 17.7" opening while using a respirator within a confined space for various lengths of time.
- Heights: able to work at heights of approximately 40 feet on various types of platforms and lifts for various lengths of time
- Lifting: able to occasionally lift up to 30lbs/14kg.
- Pushing/Pulling: able to push/pull items in office areas and on shop floor.
- Sitting: able to sit for extended periods of time at computer and in meetings.
- Squatting/Kneeling: able to occasionally squat or kneel to retrieve or replace items shelved on bottom shelves.
- Standing: able to stand for extended periods of time delivering information.
- Travel/Mobility: able to travel overseas and domestically sometimes for extended periods of time and on short notice. Able to work outside hangers in changing locations.
- Walking: able to walk through office and production areas, around flight line and airstrips and sometimes on uneven indoor or outdoor surfaces other business interactions