The Logic Engineer / FPGA Design Engineer will help design and build market leading Hardware Platform Solutions. As a Subject Matter Expert and a member of the design and development group, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing FPGA for communication, server and storage products. They will participate in the whole FPGA development flow, including specification, coding, simulation, physical implementation and onboard debugging. They will communicate and cooperate with cross functional teams (hardware, software, etc.) to ensure robust product development.
- Work closely with platform architect, board designer and software designer to understand/define the architecture requirements
- Develop the design specification which fulfills the project requirements.
- Collaborate with hardware engineers on the logic part schematic design /review.
- Drive device selection decision
- On-time delivery of the RTL design and module-level verification and test case definition
- Drive the entire back-end design flow including design constraints, floor-plan and timing closure
- FPGA validation and issue debug on the real hardware board
- Collaborate with peers including different function team and co-work with team mentor junior design engineers
- Provide accurate and timely project schedule estimates
Skills Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 6+ years' experience as a FPGA Design Engineer, familiar with Xilinx and Intel (Altera) FPGA and Lattice CPLD/FPGA etc
- In depth knowledge with Verilog, System Verilog, RTL design, FPGA design, and FPGA design tools (eg. ISE, Vivado, Quartuse-II, Modelsim, etc.)
- In depth knowledge with high-speed serial protocols such as PCIe/Ethernet/DDR/LVDS; familiar with SPI, I2C, UART, LPC, MDIO, etc. low speed interface
- Familiar with UVM constrained random coverage driven concepts, assertion-based verification and functional coverage techniques
- Excellent problem solving and hands-on debugging skills
- Excellent communications skills and well English speaking/writing ability
- strong inter-personal skills and ability to understand customer needs, expectations and perspective
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task on multiple projects
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering. Master’s is preferred
Occasional overnight travel is required