Location: Savannah, GA
Rate: $55.00 - $63.00/HR
Long Term contract
Shift: 1st Shift
**Must be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident**
- Experienced in validating 3D models, assemblies, installations and drawings produced by design engineers.
- Validation should be per engineering core principles, design standards, processes and best practices
- Experienced in validating designs for form/fit/function to meet customer and design criteria, and should be knowledgeable with aircraft interior floor plan configurations with custom options and baseline cabinetry.
- Knowledgeable with cabinetry designs for ease of manufacturing & installing.
- Should be experienced & a participant in improving and developing processes for checking or design consistencies, and skillful to train others.
- Should be comprehensive and proficient in researching technical data e.g. hardware, machined parts, weldments, materials, finishes, consumables and standard part usage, & appropriate design application.
- Should have Designer experienced with conceptual design development, cabinetry theory, creating 3D models and drawings / drafting.
- Experience with aircraft engineering documents & process change(s).
- Should be experience and efficient in utilizing CATIA V5, SmarTeam, AutoCAD, Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Experienced in documenting issues to help clarify 'back check' comments to designer engineers.
- Competency with Weight & Center of Gravity Analysis.
- Experience with Part 25 aircraft requirements and some familiarity with Part 135 requirements.
- Additional responsibilities are out lined in the TS I job description and as assigned by the Mechanical Engineering Group Head.
Bachelors degree in engineering, a related curriculum, or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. See Other Requirements in Job Description.5 yrs in the specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad engineering experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors, or 3 yrs in the specific technical discipline with Masters, or 1 yr in the specific technical discipline with PhD.
Position Purpose: Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of Company products and services
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Functions: 1. Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects 2. Provides specialized technical assistance to team members 3. Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems 4. Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives 5. Works under limited supervision; work should only be required to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives 6. Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area
Additional Functions: 1. Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements 2. Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product 3. Performs other duties as assigned
Other Requirements: 1. Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred 2. The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline
$55.00 - $63.00/HR
6133 BRISTOL PKWY STE 232
CULVER CITY, CA 90230