PDS is seeking a Machined Parts Inspector in Wichita, KS.
- Description :
Responsible for a wide range of inspection functions supporting supplier provided parts and assemblies, wire fabrication, weld, tubing, machining and tool fabrication and assembly. Follow programs, documents, drawings, specifications and quality standards to perform inspection functions. Perform audit/surveillance/measurement/inspection of all vendor, wire, weld, tube, and machined parts/assemblies/tools according to specifications, processes and procedures. Initiate and document any non-conforming materials, parts, assemblies or portions thereof, according to specification, process and procedures.
The Company will provide appropriate assistance in job training to enable employees to perform all necessary job functions including the following:
1. Working from drawings, documents, process specifications, quality control requirements, software programs and test procedures, perform any inspection of parts and assemblies including process and materials.
2. Dimensionally inspect parts or assemblies.
3. Initiate and document any non-conforming materials, hardware, software, tools, parts, assemblies or portions thereof, according to specifications, processes and procedures.
4. Inspect vendor, subcontractor or company parts and assemblies.
5. Follow a pre-determined sequence of own work.
6. Prepare and maintain Quality records.
7. Support the continuous flow of product within the manufacturing process by cross-training and assisting employees at all description levels including cross-training in the Metals, Process, Machine and Tooling Mechanic/Technician classifications supported by inspection.
Must have strong Machine Shop Experience
Must have experience with QN's (Quality Notifications)
Please ensure this experience is listed clearly on the resume.
1. Use and interpret drawings, inspection manuals and specifications, shop mathematics, precision measuring instruments, specialized inspection machines, tools and equipment necessary to accomplish work assignments.
2. Good communication skills – written and verbal
3. Good computing skills
4. Contact other company organizations or customer representatives, as required to coordinate and accomplish work assignments.
5. Operate testing machines, calculate and record results
6. Maintain certifications as required
7. Plan own sequence of operations
8. Follow Inspection (shop) procedures to accept or reject processes/parts/assemblies
9. Verify that tools are qualified
10. Prepare and maintain Quality records
11. Work across equivalent or lower level Inspector job codes as required
12. Cross-train in equivalent level Metals, Process, Machine and Tooling Mechanic/Technician classifications