Legacy Engineering, a division of PDS Tech, is seeking a Mechanical System Team Leader for the Regional Jet Program.
The primary work location will be in Nagoya, Japan. However, Engineers may be requested to relocate to Seattle or Moses Lake (Washington State, USA) where aircraft flight testing is performed.
The Mechanical System will work as a Mechanical System Design Specialist for ATA 26-10 (Fire & Smoke Detection) and ATA 26-20 (Fire extinguishing). This includes all FPS system design aspects and interfaces within the FPS team and all other engineering teams; as well as interfacing with the FPS component suppliers in order to achieve the correctness and completeness necessary for FPS certification in the regional jet program.
- Basic work scope is to provide technical assistance to the development and certification of the regional jet program, focusing primarily on FPS performance assessment and optimization.
- This activity includes:
- Lead a team of about 20 FPS Engineers and Certification specialist to navigate through the Design, Test and Certification process for regional jet aircraft.
- Manage team objectives and Goal setting, and adopt and support company Performance Measurement tools when available.
- Remove roadblocks and provide solutions to both technical and managerial challenges.
- Ensure processes are followed. Champion tool and process improvements to increase team efficiency where necessary.
- Support task prioritization and achieving deliverables. Provide adequate distribution of workload to ensure projects are completed timely.
- Balance and Identify Resource gaps to enable on time delivery of aircraft Deliverable’s. Support and drive resource gap closure.
- Support reporting key metrics to management and Program Managers to ensure correct visibility is given to key issues
- Provide Technical direction to the Team to enable development and finalize regional jet T/C design, compliant to all applicable requirements. This activity includes, but not limited to:
- Evaluate the current aircraft design for FPS, with respect to compliance to related airworthiness regulations of JCAB, FAA and EASA.
- Conduct design review of FPS components,
- Coordinate with system suppliers for the design, certification, and development schedule.
- Create and/or review Qualification test plans for FPS.
- Review Certification plan for FPS.
- Manage schedule of design and certification activities for FPS, with related personnel.
- Team Leader is mandated to meet the schedule by resolving problems and mitigating risk. Coordinate Interaction with other stakeholders (etc. PMO, SCM, and other engineering teams)
- All tasks required to perform above activities are considered within work scope; initiating/ reviewing related documents, discussion with relevant parties.
- Over 10 years experienced for designated design area.