PDS is seeking an Engineer Contractor 5 for open positions in Savannah, GA
Works on engineering projects containing critical problems, the solution of which requires major technological advances and extensive related development
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for an entire engineering project of major complexity within established scope
2. Makes technical decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative and have an important impact on extensive engineering activities
3. Applies advanced technical principles, theories and concepts based on broad expertise or unique specialized knowledge
4. Leads the development of innovative principles and ideas
5. Acts independently to determine improved methods and/or procedures to optimize technical product, cost and schedule requirements
6. Works under consultative direction; uses independent judgment to accomplish objectives
7. Develops standards and guides for diverse engineering activities
8. Conceives and plans investigation of broad areas of importance for which engineering precedents are lacking in areas critical to the program Perform other duties as assigned.
As our ideal candidate, you will meet the following requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Thirteen (13) yrs specific technical discipline or fifteen (15) yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
1) AutoCad required Catia V5 preferred
2) Completions electrical system design experience preferred.
3) 14 CFR 25 Subpart H - EWIS experience preferred
4) Part 25 Certification Experience for Cabin Interiors preferred
5) Familiarity with aircraft cabin satellite communication (Inmarsat and Iridium), security and entertainment systems.
6) Experience with power distribution, lighting, switching, sizing and routing.
7) Familiarity in mechanical system design; to include pneumatic supply, oxygen, water & drain, HVAC and pressure control is preferred.
8) Familiarity with aircraft STC procedures preferred.
Other Requirements: 1. Advanced degree in engineering or related curriculum preferred
The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline