CNC Mill machinist is responsible for producing work in the most efficient manner while meeting the drawing/planning specification /requirements.
Under minimal supervision, sets-up, operates, and adjusts CNC Mill/Lathe machines. Works from drawings and written instructions to create parts. Able to read and interpret CNC programs. May need to make offsets to programs on CNC Machines. Requires knowledge of various metals and of measurements used in the machining process.
May assist and train less experienced machinists.
• Completes set-ups with minimal supervision/assistance.
• Ability and knowledge of 4th axis mills.
• Responsible for all phases of part operation set-up to achieve first article acceptance.
• Perform and maintain accurate in-process quality inspection and records.
• Identify and recommend process improvements that reduce part quality variation.
• Input data into visual management forms and convey results to management
• Continuously improve processes, procedures, and eliminate waste.
• Maintain continuity among shifts by documenting and communicating actions taken thus far as well as any necessary further steps
• Train/Mentor new incoming machinists and lower level CNC machinists
• And other task assigned by supervisor or management
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE, CAPABILITIES AND SUCCESS FACTORS
• At least five (5) years experience operation set-up on CNC mills with 4th axis.
• Skilled in the use of indicator, gage, dial bores, and plate inspection methods for first article and in-process inspection of precision machined parts.
• Ability to maintain close tolerances (within .0005”) of ID’s and OD’s, roundness, concentricity, squareness.
• Understanding of machine tool accuracies, fixture offsets, and tool offsets.
• Knowledge of cutting tool feeds, speeds, and tool life for aerospace hard turning or milling.
• Ability to follow verbal instructions and interpret blue print and quality requirements.
• Ability to communicate with employees and management in a positive manner.
• Ability to lift a maximum of 50 lbs (over 25 lbs with assistance).
• Ideal candidate will have experience with AS9100, 5S, Lean, and Six Sigma.
SImi Valley, CA
JOHNSON SERVICE GROUP
950 S BASCOM AVE STE 2122
SAN JOSE, CA 95128