PDS is seeking an Industrial Engineer II for an open position in Tulsa, OK.
Under minimal supervision, provides Industrial Engineering support through the application of classical and Lean Industrial Engineering principles.
Assures assigned projects are accomplished within projected or approved cost.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Conduct analysis with area Management and support staff to establish and maintain daily work activities.
2. Conduct analysis with area Management, support staff and Material Control to design and maintain part presentation requirements and procedures.
3. Identify equipment, machinery, and facilities acquisition including justifications and economic analysis to support operational, Safety and Quality initiatives.
4. Development and maintain Tool Box requirements and contents to include tool control, FOD prevention measures tool requirements matched to area tasks.
5. Apply 3D print capability to assist in resolution of technical issues (shop aids, Protect the Product, etc.).
6. Provide business case analysis in support of projects to include make/buy, MCR, Engineering Changes, Tooling requests.
7. Support all Safety, Sustainability and Ergonomic initiatives as required.
8. Develop and Implement plant layout, process flow, and material handling techniques.
9. Support area Management in generating orders/requests for Tooling including management of tool priorities.
10. Investigate, evaluate, and implement facilities expansions, department rearrangements, new technologies and manufacturing techniques, and employee suggestions.
11. Perform audit of co-workers output based on defined requirements and procedures. Must demonstrate knowledge of IE policies and procedures.
12. With minimal supervision, lead/coordinate the implementation of projects between multiple organizations.
1. Develop and maintain work place methods and manpower requirements.
2. Assist in the training and development of entry-level industrial engineering personnel.
3. As required, aid in development and maintenance of Business Continuity Plan. Perform other duties as assigned.
As our ideal candidate, you will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing Engineering or related curriculum or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Eighteen (18) months Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Operations Engineering or related technical experience.
- This role requires Industrial Engineer experience.
- It will focus on hand tool control and repair, 5S/6S, cutting tool organization, and liaison with site facility team.
1. Proven knowledge of Lean and/or Six Sigma principles.
2. Ability to influence across functional disciplines.
3. Must be knowledgeable about Engineering configuration requirements, tooling, quality control, plant safety, blueprint reading, and shop math.
4. Demonstrated ability to operate computerized equipment, such as personal computers, CATIA, etc.
5. Lean Specialist certification or higher preferred.