THIS JOB IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. THIS IS ARCHIVAL INFORMATION. Bleed Air System (BAS) and Vapor Cycle System (VCS) Design Engineer
The Designer for BAS/VCS is responsible for providing design expertise in support of the Bleed Air System (BAS) and Vapor Cycle System (VCS) through all phases of project schedule including preliminary design, detailed design, development, certification, sustaining, production and product support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Prepare 3D layout models of the BAS and VCS.
2. Prepare 3D installation and detail models of the BAS and VCS.
3. Prepare 2D installation, assembly and detail drawings of the BAS and VCS.
4. Work in a team environment supporting liaison engineering to research root cause and address production discrepancies.
Education, Work Experience, Certification and/or Licensure:
1. Bachelors of Science in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited four year college or university program with 5+ years of directly related design experience in the development and certification of aircraft BAS and VCS.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Experience using CATIA V5 to prepare 3D parametric models and 2D drawings. Minimum of 10,000 hours.
2. Knowledge of one Product Life Cycle Management Tool (e.g. Teamcenter, Enovia,..)
3. Knowledge of 14CFR23 or 25 regulations and advisory circulars related to BAS and VCS regulations required and knowledge of Aircraft BAS and VCS.
The Structures Company is an AA/EOE.
STRUCTURES COMPANY LLC
P O BOX 2278
SEAL BEACH, CA 90740