THIS JOB IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. THIS IS ARCHIVAL INFORMATION. Design Manufacturing Engineer (Landing Gear / Structures / Fabrication / Hydraulics)
General Summary: ( 20 openings )
The Design Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for all manufacturing aspects of the fabrication and installation of the Landing Gear and Hydraulics systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Take complete ownership of assigned A/C area(s).
• Approve all tooling required for assigned A/C area(s) creating new Tooling Requests, performing Root Cause Analysis on Non-conformances generated by tooling, and identifying work-arounds for tooling deficiencies.
• Analyzes statistical data including process capability studies, tests capability studies, and through-put rates.
• Review and approve all Engineering drawings and models for assigned A/C areas, ensuring parts, assemblies, and/ or installations are manufacturable.
• Manage all Design for Manufacturability Requests for assigned A/C area(s) reviewing/ creating and approving all internal and external submissions.
• Review and approve all CR’s (Change Requests) to determine positive/ negative impacts to Production coordinating with the various departments within Company Aircraft Company.
• B.S.M.E., B.S.A.E., B.S.I.E., or B.S. Mfg. Eng./ Eng. Tech. preferred, but not required.
• 5 years minimum and 20 years maximum structural/ systems Mfg. Engineering experience with the fabrication, assembly, and installation of hydraulics and landing gear details and assemblies.
• Six Sigma Certification a plus.
• Experience in sheet metal fabrication a must to include hand, brake, hydro-form, hot forming, hot joggling, super plastic forming, and stretch forming.
• Experience with reading and interpreting engineering GD&T requirements required.
• Experience with reviewing and approving drawings for release.
• Experience in an IPT (Integrated Product Team) format is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Proven ability to define small-to-large, simple-to-complex detail part fabrication, assembly, and installation tooling.
• Proven knowledge of GD&T to help ensure a full understanding if the part definition to ensure design for manufacturability.
• Proven knowledge of chemical and physical processing of metallic and composite parts including heat treating, priming, painting, anodizing, NDT, etc.
• Proven knowledge of hydraulic system manufacture, installation, and testing of but not limited to pumps, plumbing and actuators
• Proven ability to trouble-shoot defects, manufacturing errors, and time consumption/ learning curve issues to improve shop floor performance.
• 3D Drawing reviews and approvals for Engineering designs and specifications to ensure manufacturability of detail parts, assemblies, and installations.
• CATIA V5/ V6 experience is a plus.
• SAP experience is a plus.
• Teamcenter Manufacturing/ Process Planning creating MBOM’s and BOP’s are a plus.
• Ability to analyze a variety of engineering data to help determine how to meet company objectives.
HOW TO APPLY: (I will call you upon receipt of resume)
• Email resume in MS Word Doc. Format to: Albert.Peniche@Yoh.com
SR. TECHNICAL RECRUITER, AEROSPACE & DEFENSE
YOH AVIATION, A DAY & ZIMMERMANN COMPANY
$30 -$ 50.00+ p/hr
Sign On Bonus $1K
1 year plus
STE 100 11960 WESTLINE INDUSTRIAL DR
ST LOUIS, MO 63146-3212