THIS JOB IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. THIS IS ARCHIVAL INFORMATION. Product Design Engineer (Aircraft Evacuation, Inflatable Structures and Life Rafts)
• Design Inflatable Structures for Aircraft Evacuation Systems and Life Rafts.
• Assist in products transition from design to production.
• Design, develop and improve new or existing Aircraft components.
• Direct the building and testing of prototypes.
• Direct compilation of manuals for customers on products.
• Assist Model Shop and/or Drafting.
• Perform analysis of components and systems.
• Perform financial analysis of a project's design components.
• Conceptualize and prepare preliminary and final detail design and documentation of Evacuation Systems components and assemblies.
• Manage design process and revisions throughout initial testing.
• May be assigned limited responsibility for managing project obligations, such as management of technical documentation package for a product.
• Manage moderately complex/sized projects, hardware design, testing, processing, and projects, including foreseeing technical problems, resolving significant technical problems that may be directed to their expertise.
• Developing patentable material and/or to oversee large, business-critical projects. Participates as a team member in a specific phase of a broad engineering assignment.
• Prepare or direct preparation of appropriate documentation for assigned projects.
• Conduct Root Cause/Corrective Action Investigations
• Ensure successful completion of the assigned project phase within the budgeted time and cost constraints.
• Participate in defining engineering approaches, and in planning and scheduling work.
Education / Certifications
Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from an accredited university
• Master of Science Degree in Engineering from an accredited university
• Green or Black Belt Certified
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize both daily issues and longer-term projects.
• Strong written and verbal skills.
• Good computer skills, MS Office.
• Good analytical skills.
• At least 5 years of Product Development experience. (3 years with Masters’ degree)
• Experience with Inflatable and Machined Component design.
• Experience as a Project Engineer through entire STC, PMA, and/or TSO projects
PDS TECHNICAL SERVICES
50 FOUNDERS PLAZA STE 304
EAST HARTFORD, CT 06108