Responsible for ensuring that materials and activities are planned and expedited when necessary, to support the demands and requirements of the Repair shop in order to meet goals and performance metrics.
Service Order / Materials Management: 50%
- Service Order Management Create and maintain service orders. Report on service order status and manage accordingly.
- Materials Management Plan, order and monitor material requirements as necessary to support Repair activities to include inventory materials, benchstock, consumables and tooling. Manage material returns to include inventory and supplier returns.
Sub-contract / Material Handling: 30%
- Sub-contract Processing Create and maintain sub-contract orders and activities for domestic and international suppliers.
- Shipping/Receiving Ship and receive components linked to sub-contract and customer activities to include purchase requisition and purchase order creation, maintaining and receipts as well as offline shipping documents.
- Data Management Submit requests to Data Management Group as necessary to include new material setup, review and change in status. Create, review and maintain task lists in SAP.
- Administrative Tasks Filing of paperwork and miscellaneous research as required. Manage quality notifications, SharePoint/ANDON requests and supplier invoices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- College degree in material management or business administration highly desirable
- A minimum of three years in a materials planning function directly related to areas of demand forecasting, customer demand management, material planning, inventory control, purchasing, production planning or scheduling.
- Strong knowledge of aircraft parts and components.
- Knowledge of SAP/MRP.
- Knowledge of hazardous materials.
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- In depth knowledge of the company structure and how each department interacts and depends on each other.
- Strong knowledge of technical terms.
- Ability to accurately extract data from SAP and analyze via Excel or other office tools in order to make decisions and understand discrepancies with master data.
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Requires ability to communicate effectively verbally and in written form. Proficiency in French or German language is preferred.
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Microsoft Office Suite and SAP/MRP preferred.
- 10% Domestic and International
- US Person under ITAR definition (U.S. Citizen, green card holder or person covered under our existing ITAR license)
Decision Making, Complexity:
- Determine the materials required for systematics bills of materials.
- Analyze and make suggestions for materials to be held in stock collection to include factors such as demand history, forecasting and shelf life.
- This position reports to the Manager of Material Planning
Job Dimensions, Contributions to Success:
- Analyze, plan, schedule, initiate and expedite procurement and replenishment actions for raw materials, purchased parts, kits and equipment to support the Dynamic Component Repair shop and to attain customer support objectives (part availability fill rate; on time delivery for internal requirements for scheduled and unscheduled maintenance requirements, etc.).
Nature of Contacts:
- Involved Communication on a regular Basis with internal and external parties
- Onsite: 90%
- Vision: able to see and read computer screen and other electronic equipment with screens, able to read documents, reports and engineering drawings. Daily
- Hearing: able to hear to participate in conversations in person and via teleconference or phone and to hear sounds on production floor including safety warnings or alarms. Daily
- Speaking: able to speak in conversations and meetings, deliver information and participate in communications. Daily
- Equipment Operation (personal computer, telephone, copies, fax machine, and related office equipment and using electronic identification card to enter building floors and internal doors): able to operate most office and personal electronic equipment and some tools including production tools such as hydraulic lifts. Daily
- Carrying: able to carry documents, tools, drawings, electronic equipment up to 30lbs/14kgs. Rarely
- Lifting: able to lift documents, tools, drawings, electronic equipment up to 30lbs/14kgs. Rarely
- Pushing / Pulling: able to push and pull small office furniture and some equipment and tools. Rarely
- Sitting: able to sit for long periods of time in meetings, working on computer. Daily
- Squatting / Kneeling: able to squat or kneel to retrieve or replace items stored on low shelving. Rarely
- Standing: able to stand for discussions in offices or on production floor. Several times a month
- Travel: able to travel independently and at short notice. Rarely
- Walking (include routine walking such as to a shared printer to retrieve documents): able to walk through office and production areas including uneven surfaces. Daily
- Personal Protective Equipment required: Required PPE includes, but is not limited to, Safety Shoes, Safety Glasses, Hearing Protection, Respirators/Masks, and/or Protective Gloves as required by site and/or customer site.