|PDS is seeking a Cabinetmaker Sr for an open position in Savannah, GA.|
Will work under general supervision and fabricate complex cabinets and other wood-surfaced sub-assemblies for installation in aircraft.
As Sr Cabinet Maker, will also be responsible for assisting and training to co-workers.
- Fabricates complex high quality furniture and other wood-surfaced sub-assemblies using stationary and hand held-tools.
- Interprets material specifications and design/engineering drawings to ensure finished product meets design and engineering requirements with a high level of quality and detail. Coordinates with supervision to ensure compliance with customer approved design samples.
- Utilizes a variety of woodworking tools and techniques.
- Complies with and champions safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies and ensures the protection of aircraft interiors.
- Works with lead and higher skilled technicians to develop and implement process improvements that increase safety, reduce, cost, cycle time, and man-hours using Lean Six-Sigma and other process improvement techniques.
- Utilizes the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
- Accepts Lead responsibilities when required. Mentors and trains lesser skilled technicians.
- Oversees projects and coordinates with Lead to delegate tasks to assigned technicians.
- Conducts safety audits and assists team members in doing safety audits.
- Assists in maintaining shop equipment and associated JSAs.
- Coordinates with other backshops when necessary.
- Adapts to sudden schedule changes.
- Performs other duties as required.